Sweet Potato Filling
1. roast sweet potatoes until they are tender and can be easily pierced
2. peel and discard skins and mash potatoes.
3. mix together butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. add to
mashed sweet potatoes. let cool.
1. combine brown sugar and water in a pot and cook over medium heat
until sugar dissolves. cool and transfer to standing mixer with whisk
2. add oil and ginger, and egg yolks.
3. slowly add flour. At some point, the dough will be too stiff for the whisk
attachment. replace with a paddle attachment and continue to add the
rest of the flour.
4. transfer dough to a worktable, for rolling.
1. form filling into balls. the size will depend on the size of your
2. take a bit of dough and roll out until it forms a sheet about 1/8 inch
3. Enrobe the filling with the dough. pinch the seams to seal. Place on
silpat-lined baking sheets.
1. pre-heat oven to 350.
2. spray mooncakes with some water, then apply an eggwash for a glossy
3. bake for 15 mins.
4. spray mooncakes again. Turn down oven to 300 and bake until crust is
Calories: 14421kcal | Carbohydrates: 2877g | Protein: 263g | Fat: 209g | Saturated Fat: 34g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2344mg | Sodium: 3924mg | Potassium: 10822mg | Fiber: 123g | Sugar: 1084g | Vitamin A: 324896IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 1843mg | Iron: 111mg